Lake Country BC Real Estate & Homes For Sale
Search the newest homes for sale & real estate listings in Lake Country, BC below. Lake Country is the most northern community in the Central Okanagan region, with a population of just over 13,000 people. It became a district municipality in 1995 when the previously unincorporated communities of Carr’s Landing, Okanagan Centre, Oyama and Winfield formed one district municipality, known as Lake Country. Read more about Lake Country Real Estate and what this amazing community has to offer.
Search Lake Country Real Estate Listings By Property Type
Homes For Sale In Lake Country, BC
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Homes For Sale In Lake Country, BC
About Lake Country BC
Located right in the heart of the Okanagan Valley between the cities of Vernon to the north and Kelowna to the South. Less than thirty minutes by car to either nearby city the district enjoys the benefits of having big city amenities close by while maintaining the peaceful feeling of small-town living. Surrounded by Okanagan Lake to the west, Wood Lake and Kalamalka Lake to the east, Lake country is a very fitting name for this special community. Mild winters and warm summers make for a great climate to enjoy the rolling countryside, forests, mountains, and lakes. The town and the scenic surrounding area offer a multitude of farms, acreages and orchards. This scenic region is not just made up of beautiful lakes but features unreal lake view properties.
Lake Country, BC Market Trends & Statistics
- As of June 1, 2018, single family homes for sale in Lake Country range in price from $6.6M to $499,900 with a median price of $1,320,520, with an average interior of 3011 SqFt.
- The average sale price of single family homes that sold in Lake Country BC over the past six months from (December 1 - May 31, 2018) was $687,313. In previous years it was $750,069 (2017), $637,480 (2016), $523,833 (2015), $514,587 (2014), $483,681 (2013).
- 66 houses have sold in Lake Country over the past six months (December 1 - May 31, 2018). In previous years, the total number of single family houses sold were 217 (2017), 242 (2016), 213 (2015),177 (2014), 135 (2013).
- On average Lake Country, single family homes were on the market for 61 days before they were sold ( December 1 - May 31, 2018)
- In previous years it was 55 days (2017), 54 days (2016) 80 days (2015), 97 days (2014),108 days (2013).
- Over the past six months (December 1 - May 31, 2018) the average days on market it took to receive an offer for a Lake Country home that was for sale was 46 days compared to 40 days in 2017.
- From January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017, the average list price to sale price ratio for homes sold in Lake Country was 97.79% compared to January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016, were it was 98.06%.
- There were 217 Lake Country homes sold in 2017 compared to 242 homes sold in 2016.
- There is currently $114,870,166 of houses currently for sale in Lake Country and the total sales volume year-to-date (December 1,2018 - May 31, 2018) has been $46,233,962. In previous years the total sales volume totalled $162,765,037 (2017), $154,270,279 (2016), $111,576,438 (2015), $91,081,893 (2014), $65,296,999 (2013).
As of June 1, 2018, a brief market snapshot of homes for sale in Lake Country, BC area:
- 55 of the houses for sale have lake views, 64 houses have the master bedroom on the main floor, 10 have swimming pools and 24 have basement suites.
Lake Country Real Estate
Lake Country offers a great selection of real estate options for any budget and desired price range whether your an empty nester looking to downsize, a young family just entering the market, or an investor looking to invest. Plenty single family homes for sale throughout the area, with more and more newly constructed homes goign up all the time. There are also great options for purchasing acreages, orchards and rural homes set away from the city centre. If you are looking for an investment property or a part-time vacation rental for personal use during your summer or winter vacations Lake County offers several Condo and Townhouse options to choose from.
Lake Country Neighbourhoods
Surrounded by beautiful freshwater lakes, mountains, forests and offering 1000’s hours of Okanagan sunshine makes this small community a spectacular place to call home. Lake Country’s district municipality features four neighbourhoods, Oyama, Carr’s Landing, Winfield and Okanagan Centre. Learn more about each neighbourhood and everything it has to offer.
Oyama is a small town with a population of only 1,000 resident and is located in the middle of Lake Country, between Wood Lake and Kalamalka Lake. A lot of homes for sale in Oyama are rural orchards, acerage and agricultural type properties, there is also a few subdivisions with singles family homes.
Carrs Landing neighbours Okanagan Lake to the east and sits along the rolling mountains and countryside above. Located on the west side of Lake Country and only minutes from Winfield's convenient shops and stores. One of the first areas of major development took place in the 1960’s along Coral Beach. Now Coral Beach is home to multi-million dollar waterfront estates.
Winfield is located on the east side of Lake Country and is home to Wood Lake, which is situated in-between Oyama and Winfield, immediately south of Kalamalka Lake. Winfield's downtown corridor provides local shops and stores like Save On Foods, Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Hortons, Starbucks, as well as two medical clinics. Locals and tourists love visiting Beasley Park located along Woodsdale Road.
Okanagan Centre sits along the east shores of Okanagan Lake on the west side of Lake Country directly below Carrs Landing. Okanagan Centre was officially designated a community in 1983 and joined the district municipally in 1995. This area is growing rapidly and offers a great variety of new home construction for you to choose from. Brand new developments like The Edge offer affordable modern homes and lake views for under 800,000.
Lake Country Schools
Lake County’s public education is provided by School District 23 Central Okanagan. Grades K-6 are offered at these three elementary schools in the area, Davidson Road Elementary, Oyama Traditional School, Peter Greer Elementary, while grades 7 to 12 are offered at George Elliot Secondary. Post Secondary options are in the neighbouring city to the south in Kelowna. UBC Okanagan is found in the University District - Quail Ridge neighbourhood and Okanagan College in the Lower Mission neighbourhood.
Are you thinking of Buying or Selling a home in Lake Country? Call the Residence Real Estate Group at 250-212-5672, Our local Lake Country real estate area specialists would love to help.
Search Lake Country Homes For Sale
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.